Oct 3, 2007

Sondre Lerche

Though it really wasn't my intention, this blog has mainly focused on electronic music, bands and dj's of a banging nature. But...I do listen to a lot of other stuff too. I guess first it was Royksopp whose Poor Leno and Remind Me introduced me to the gentle voice of Erlend Oye...which I further explored with his even calmer, yet still electronic solo album, Unrest. A few months later I made the move to the non-electronic, acoustic-ish, vaguely folksy Kings of Convenience. The move to Sondre Lerche was inevitable, though the first time I saw him at the Astralwerks CMJ showcase in 2004 I had mixed feelings and thought he was kind of pompous. I realized later it was just me reading into things, and his prefacing every song was just part of his Norwegian charm (which is what everyone mentioned in this post has in common in case you missed it). In any case, the point of this post is, Mr. Lerche will be playing a couple of shows in November - one on the 26th at the Music Hall of Williamsburg and one on the 27th at the Bowery Ballroom. I suspect you will get to hear some of the songs he did for the Dan in Real Life soundtrack. Tickets for both shows go on sale at noon EST today.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP