Jun 11, 2007

Mr. Wah-zoooo!!!!

I have been recovering from quite an intense weekend of boozing quite frankly, so I am just now posting about the wonderful Mr. Oizo show at Studio B Saturday night.

My girl Lauren got stranded in town, so I had to drag her out for some old school debauchery at Studio B Saturday night. I don't think she particularly likes or dislikes dance music, but I used to drag her out to open bars and GBH parties repeatedly our senior year and she was a champ about it.

We caught more of In Flagranti than I wanted to...but I didn't know that would be the case until I heard them. Not my cup of tea live, but I liked what I heard on their myspace. Weird.

Anyway...Mr. Oizo hit the decks and it was good Ed Banger shit for the rest of the night. There were a couple of times when I thought I could hear Patrick 122 about to drop, but it didn't actually happen until about 15 minutes later...but when it did....BLISS! It was one of those nights that was so good I can't really recollect specific tracks that were played. It was all a big, good blur. Around 3:15 Lauren had reached her dance threshold unfortunately so as much as it broke my heart we left early. :(

Also, Oizo was smoking a cigarette from the get-go, and throughout the set. So French! It reminded me of the first time (and come to think of it, the only time unfortunately) I saw Cassius and instantly loved Philippe Zdar for his multi-tasking smoking/dj-ing skills.

Anyway...another week of good stuff here in New York...details later.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP