Feb 23, 2008

New Jams: Fardoche

Fardoche's 6-track promo landed in my inbox on Monday and it was quite possibly the best way to start a week. I haven't been able to stop listening to it since. I think Fardoche describes his music best:

"...not clean as electro house nor nasty as French crunchy electro but perhaps a better creative term to name it would be: electro-farmhouse. And to push the analogy further, it would be electro-dilapidated-old-farmhouse style, with all its flaws and faulty features that an old farmhouse can hold next to a dirt road. Dysfunctional, unique and charming."


As far as contemporaries go, I could definitely see Mr. Oizo cruising by Fardoche's farmhouse w/ Flat Eric as well as Sebastien Tellier riding by on his horse. His sound definitely belongs somewhere along the lines of those more creative Frenchies out there - and being from Montreal that's not too far of a stretch.

You can find out more about Fardoche and his electro farm here, and download all 6 of his tunes here. Also, I usually try to pick a favorite track when recommending a new dj or band, but I haven't been able to come up with one yet for Fardoche. I recommend listening to all of them in one go...like a little electro farm EP.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP