May 13, 2007

the weekend

Before and during the Air show on Thursday I started feeling kinda weird like I was getting sick, and by the time the show was done and I got home I felt like hell.

I called out from work and took it easy, but no amount of power naps, West Wing, or tequila made me feel well enough to go out for People Don't Dance No More Friday night...I watched a short video of Das Glow's set on Youtube (and know enough from personal experience that Curses! killed it) and immediately regretted my decision the next day. Fuck!

Anyway...I felt better enough to make the trek home to suburbia for poker/mother's day on Saturday. When I was up until 5am LOSING at poker, I was even more pissed that I didn't pull it together the night before. Oh well. Live and learn.

I don't really like the suburbs, but they are good for some things...like catching up on the internets. I discovered some good stuff.

The Music Slut has an MP3 of the new Justice track (Genesis) that I heard when Mehdi dj'ed at Hiro a couple of weeks ago. It bangs much more in person, but is still good.

Also, the name Ilya Santana has been coming up on a lot of the (ridiculous number of) music blogs I read everyday, so I finally gave him a listen...and it is some nice, bangin disco with a good balance of funk and electro. American Athlete is a good place to check him out. I think he is the perfect way to transition back from all of the more electronic stuff I've been listening to from Institubes and Ed Banger back to a lot of the more classic (but still good) disco on the Dimitri from Paris and Joey Negro "Kings of Disco" comp which I highly recommend. I just put it on my ipod finally but haven't been able to bring myself to listen to it yet. It's too big of a jump from what I've been listening to lately, but I think Ilya might be the solution.

Alright, I have to go to bed in preparation for my old school 2 hour hell commute that I used to do everyday for 6 months! crazy! I leave you with this possibility for Saturday night:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP