Apr 19, 2007

Part of the Weekend Never Dies!!!

I just got home from seeing Soulwax Nite Versions for the second night in a row. I have never really heard any of their stuff, probably a 2 Many DJ's remix or something I was unaware of at the time, but that's it. I first saw them last night at Hiro largely due to the fact that Dave strongly recommended going when I saw him Friday night at his People Don't Dance No More party (at which Kaos was spinning some super kinky disco-ey stuff). On my way home I swung by APT to see Trevor Jackson and Oscar Melzer (again after seeing them at ISS on Thursday...is anyone else seeing a pattern developing here?), and I started talking to this dude Hugo, who, in a bizarre twist of fate, does the sound for Soulwax at their live shows. He totally hooked me up last night, and then to boot...Soulwax gloriously banged in the most refreshing way possible. I have never experienced a live band that banged so incredibly hard. They started off with their version of Daft Punk's "Teachers" which set the tone for the constant bang that never let up for the next hour or so. One of the best shows I've been to this year for sure. They were so good I dragged myself out to see them again this evening at Studio B despite having gotten not nearly enough sleep this week, and probably still recovering from last week. They banged tonight as well. No regrets about going a second time...despite the fact that I have to be up for work in 4 hours! Fucking 9 to 5!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  12:39 PM  

Went to Hiro -- incredible -- and had a ticket for Studio B but just couldn't do it two nights in a row. What time did Soulwax hit the stage last night?

showtrotta 12:52 PM  

Doing the 2 nights in row was tough...I took a nap before I went to Studio B...and today I am seriously hurting. They hit the stage at 1:20, and blew the roof off the place. I think they played all the same stuff as they did at Hiro, but it was still awesome.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP