Jan 17, 2007

So yeah...it's Wednesday

I am saddened by the lack of Inouk show tonight...though they have a quite a few coming up soon, and now I have time to do my laundry and rest up for the insanity that will be me seeing Hollis Browne at Arlene's Grocery tomorrow night, then scurrying up and across town to catch Professor Murder, dance my ass off to some fine jams spun by the Juan Maclean, and then wake up in time for work at 9 am on friday!...plus it's fucking brick out here in NYC today (as it very well should be, with it being winter and all)...kind of glad I don't have a reason the brave it this evening.

Anyway...a few things. The lovely Ryan Jones over at Electric Zoo posted a nice review of the label, I Can Count Music. I'm still in the midst of checking out all the songs he posted along with it, but so far one of 'em has caught my attention: Popmart by Pea Green Boat. I'll admit, I was all over it when I read it was "Mylo-Esq electronica". And I can safely say it lives up to that description. So if you like Mylo, you'll probably like that track.

Also, check out his mini-mix for Annie Mac in the post prior to that one. It is a fun 5 minute ride through about 20 songs.

If you are looking for something more mellow, I just read (via a myspace bulletin) that Ulrich Schnauss is putting the final touches on his new album, with a release date to be announced soon. In the meantime, I just discovered he has some of his earlier stuff for download on his site.

Oh! I am currently checking out the Whitest Boy Alive's "Dreams". I've only given it a few full spins so far, but I really like it. For those of you who don't know:

"the whitest boy alive started as an electronic dance music project in 2003. it has slowly developed into a band without any programmed elements." -thewhitestboyalive.com

It's members are Erlend Oye, Marcin Oz, Sebastian Maschat, and Daniel Nentwig. So far it reminds me a bit of a mash up of the electro qualities of Erlend Oye's solo album, Unrest, combined with acoustic guitar-ish qualities of the Kings of Convenience with a bit of a rock/pop edge. I find it to be very catchy and easy to like and listen to.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP