Oct 23, 2009

CMJ Friday Awesomeness (mini-post)

Friday there are a ridiculous number of great ways to get down, but as much as I would have liked to, I didn't have time to write a post about them all. So...here are just three of the many awesome events happening tonight:

While it would take a lot to top the great time I had at last years Insiders, this year's looks pretty great as well. Hercules and Love Affair perform great live disco, in a way very few bands are doing nowadays. Aeroplane continue to look promising (though I have still yet to see them this week!). James Zabiela has been getting tons of positive feedback lately. I fell in love with his Utilities double mix album several years ago and am excited to get to see him again in a setting that is not Pacha. Shinichi Osawa's opening set for Fatboy Slim in June was great - very hard, but not too in your face. The Fantastic Nobodies' performance art, aka crowd-feathering, during Modeselektor's set at Bowery Ballroom back in January was quite an experience. All in all, it should be a great night. Tickets (plus the set times) are available here.



Plant Music, one of my favorite labels in New York & in general is throwing a CMJ party at Union Docs. The entire line-up looks pretty solid, but I am especially looking forward to seeing Nadastrom, Stretch Armstrong, and Kap10Kurt who I have witnessed great sets from before. Full info below:




Though it is technically not a part of CMJ, I think it is definitely worth mentioning that Dimitri from Paris is deejaying at the Rivington Hotel penthouse. I've seen him a number of times over the years (including a set at the Rivington Hotel penthouse back in May) and he never disappoints. Expect lots of great old disco, house, and awesome tunes.



RSVP here.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP